Purpose Power & Lifestyle Design International PPLD, was once a dream.
In between then and now has been tons of hours and sweat, involving many people (to whom I’m eternally grateful) who share in the vision.
Indeed it’s a whole new world!
This journey started sometime in 2009. I was bored and scared at the same time.
Bored with the unchallenging routine existence that wasn’t clearly what I ever wished for. Scared that if things were left to roll as they were, my life would be filled with regrets.
Looking back now, in my 50 something years on earth and 30 something years post-University, a couple of things have helped to shape the path I’m currently on:
- I’ve always been a CURIOUS and OPEN-MINDED soul – believing that life was meant to be more.
- I’ve always thought I had a duty to PROTECT and EMPOWER PEOPLE who lacked the means and the skills.
- I’ve always been SPIRITUAL (maybe not the most religious) – believing that life wasn’t all about the intellect or dialect.
- I’ve always believed in the power of ‘Keeping my words’ – this has in fact been my greatest treasure and strength.
- I’ve always been Quality-driven, putting my best foot forward in all I do for and with others.
- I’ve always been interested in diverse Things, People and Places – the real education as I came to discover.
- I’ve always been an avid reader – valuing greatly the power of applicable knowledge.
- I’ve been the type that would never settle for whatever I didn’t find INTERESTING or VALUABLE or FUN – in fact a friend of mine, who’s the MD of the International Oil Companies, reminded me of how I could sleep for a whole weekend whenever I needed to recharge. We had a good laugh at that – a story of mid to late 80s. We were neighbors and very close friends Port Harcourt in those exciting and peaceful days of the Garden City.
……and perhaps a couple of others more I’ll talk about in subsequent editions.
What these all mean is that if you want to reach the solid heights in any field, the starting point is KNOWING WHO YOU REALLY ARE and WHAT EXPERIENCES YOU HAVE GATHERED along the way. These two are the building blocks to designing and living a fulfilled life as I’ve come to now know.
I’m indeed thankful to the Almighty God for the various gifts I possess and the illumination about how to purposefully put them to use for the benefit of others.
My life and that of PPLD are work-in-progress and as Steve Jobs put it, ‘you can only live connecting the dots backwards’.
If and when you have a dream which is taking all of you, making your heart sing virtually every day of your life, you are truly blessed. One thing I also learnt is not to despise humble beginnings.
My vision, which gave birth to PPLD, is to ‘empower you, (the Professional), with knowledge, skills and tools for joyfully living a life of your dream with Direction, Confidence and Capabilities.
Yes, there are and always will be challenges; however, remember that when the pains of remaining as you are OUTWEIGH the risks of shooting for the sky, it’s time to leave your Comfort Zone.
We’ll take things a little higher in the next edition of this Newsletter.
Welcome to our world.